Thursday, December 10, 2009

Using Thrift Store Finds For Home Staging

I had to share some of the great deals I got by shopping at thrift stores. As a home stager supplying your inventory with accessories, furnishings, linens, lamps, etc. can get costly. However, to keep my costs down but still have quality items I shop for things in local thrift stores. I have found some great deals and some beautiful pieces to use in my home staging business.

Not only is this way of shopping being thrifty, but shopping at local thrift stores like the Salvation Army, Goodwill and ACTS, is also a way to help others. Purchases from thrift stores help people in need and help people to get trained so they can get jobs to help support their families.
Finally shopping at thrift stores is being green, and isn't everyone trying to find ways to help our environment? By re purposing used items you keep them out of landfills and give used items a new home. I am always amazed at the things I find at local thrift stores. I have staged some beautiful homes with my finds and people are always asking me where did you get that? Can you believe that all of the items you see cost me a total of $12.00??!!! Seriously!!! Gotta love those bargains!

So next time you pass by a thrift store - check it out! You never know what kinds of treasures you may find. I still can't believe I got all of these items for 12 bucks.

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at the wonderful things you find in thrift stores! You've inspired me - I'm going to hunt for some thrifty treasures soon, thank you!

    ReplyDelete