Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Help I'm a New Home Stager Where Do I get Affordable Inventory??

I hear from many new stager's on a daily basis on a variety of things but the most frequent question that they ask me is where can they get affordable inventory. This is one of the reasons I started a home staging business because for me it was a low start-up cost business in that I purchase most of my inventory at thrift stores, consignment shops, clearance racks and garage sales.  I even sometimes pick up items that my neighbors put on the curb as trash! LOL

All of you who are thrifty shoppers know that thrift stores are a great place to shop for goodies.  I've found everything from comforters to wall art in these places.  I love the thrill of the hunt and finding a bargain!  The key is to find out when your thrift store puts out its new inventory so you can get the good stuff.  Also you have to take your time you can't rush finding a deal you have to scan all of the shelves, then scan again and again.  You never know what's hiding in between and in the back of the shelves!  So all you new stagers get out there and find a deal!  Here are some of my thrift store finds staged in rooms!  Happy Thrifty Staging Everyone!

Everything you see in this photo is from the thrift store total price $10!

Love this scene got everything you see here at the thrift store & the golf set is from the dollar store for $13

Got the chair, rug, vase/flowers, dishes & home sign at Thrift Store for $16!

 

The wicker chair, pillows, picture and tray I got at the thrift store for $20!  Sweeeet!!

2 comments:

  1. That's why I love the idea of scene staging. You don't need much inventory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie I agree with you. You can do a lot with just some accessories and a few pieces of furniture! It still looks amazing and is very impactful!

    ReplyDelete